New electric car models are introduced almost daily. The market forecast for the BEV (Battery Electric Vehicle) predicts very strong growth in the coming years.
- By 2030, the number of electric cars is expected to increase tenfold, which will correspond to 20 million cars sold per year worldwide.
- 77,000 charging points are required for 1 million electric vehicles, including 7000 DC rapid charging stations.
- With 20 million cars sold per year, 140,000 DC fast charging stations would have to be installed by 2030.
This is a challenge not only from an economic point of view, but also from a technical point of view. Above all, electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) plays an important role in EV charging.
Read More in Our Whitepaper:
- Which safety requirements have to be met in EV charging?
- Which EMC limit values are set for EV charging stations?
- Especially challenging: Galvanic isolation in EV charging stations
- Schaffner is a member of the "Spitzencluster Elektromobilität"
- With what kind of customer-specific developments in the field of EV charging makes Schaffner the energy revolution possible?